Expo Milano 2015 is an incredible opportunity and challenge for Italy and ZONIN1821 is deeply involved in many Expo projects with prestigious partners, showcasing the Italian wine excellence:
- Thanks to its strong and enduring relationships with the United States, the Zonin Family Company based in Gambellara is the Official Wine Partner at the Expo USA Pavillion, pouring exclusively its wines in all the US events at the exhibition center. During the six months of the Expo, ZONIN1821 has also the privilege to be the only wine partner of the James Beard Association Restaurant, based in Seven Stars Galleria, the TownHouse luxory hotel in the heart of Milan, inside the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. The James Beard American Restaurant will provide a showcase for a rotating cast of American chefs, ingredients, beverages and other American gastronomic delights, with a wine list where only ZONIN1821 wines are listed. Furthermore, the USA Pavilion has established a cultural center and event space in central Milan for the duration of Expo called Casa America. Located in the historic Palazzo Bovara on Corso Venezia, Casa America will house special events, panels, presentations, meetings, and other programs on topics related to Expo Milano produced for the public, partners, the business community, and others. Again, ZONIN1821 wines will be poured in all these occasions.
- In Cibusè, the Italian food producers' association Federalimentare Pavillion, ZONIN1821 is the only wine producer from Italia del Gusto consortium providing its wines to the visitors. Italia del Gusto is a private consortium that includes the best Italian companies in food and wine with the aim of promoting the internationalization and the development of export sales. ZONIN1821 had the further prestigious opportunity to personalize Cibusè lounge, that istotally ZONIN1821 branded.
- Sharing the same passion for high quality, ZONIN1821 has partnered also with Oscar Farinetti’s Eataly at Expo, supplying wines to Eataly Ristorante delle Stecche - in rotation with Santa Margherita – and to Eataly Beverage kiosks near Eataly Italian Regions Restaurants – in rotation with other important wine producers.
- In Identità Golose Pavillion, a hall dedicated to the Italian culinary organization with the mission to promote the best of modern Italian cuisine, visitors can have lunch at Identità Golose Restaurants, that showcase Italian regional culinary delicacies, while choosing from their wine list a ZONIN1821 wine, listed together with the other Italia del Vino members wines. Italia del Vino is a group of some of the most important Italian wine producers.
- Vinitaly plays a fundamental role at Expo too, with its own pavilion dedicated to Italian wine, A Taste of Italy. Different wine consortiums have their tasting area in this hall and ZONIN1821 wines will be available at the following tasting points:
- Consorzio del Prosecco, del Chianti Classico, del Gambellara Classico, della Valpolicella, ERSA Friuli Venezia Giulia, Assessorato regionale all’Agricoltura Sicilia, Movimento Turismo del Vino Puglia.
- Oltrepo Pavese wines, like our Tenuta Il Bosco ones, will be tasted in a dedicated area in the Lombardia Region Expo Section.